* Jerry Wilcock (soprano), Gavin Hall (principal), Andy Hornsby, Matthew Schroeter, Stephen Holgate, Jacky Doherty, Ria Stokes, Gary Bailey, Laura Nicholls, Richard Folkson
* Rhys Cave (flugelhorn), Kelly Hall, Keith Schroeter, Nick Bailey
Euphoniums / Baritones
* Hannah Morton, (vacancy), Warren Ringer, Norman Smith
* Helen Creak, Kevin Timms, Michael Fowkes (bass)
* Andrew Marshall, (vacancy), Ray Phillips, (vacancy)
* Mark Gibson, (vacancy)
Nigel has been conducting
brass bands at the very highest level for more than 25
At the age of 15 he became the flugelhorn soloist with the City of Coventry Band and also played regularly with Harry Mortimer's All Star Brass and his Men O' Brass. Moving to London to study music, Nigel's trumpet tutor was the late Dennis Egan and after several years playing professionally, he moved into brass and music teaching. He is currently Music Co-ordinator at Goffs School in Hertfordshire, where he has worked for 24 years.
Nigel has many contest successes to his name, including victories at the West of England Championship Area contest and the London and Home Counties Championship Area contest. He has also conducted winning performances at the Grand Shield in 2006 and at the Yeovil Entertainment Contest as well as appearing at the National Championship Finals at the Royal Albert Hall, the British Open Championships and the All England International Masters many times.
Nigel is in great demand as a conductor and band trainer and works with many bands on a freelance basis. After winning the 1st Section Area contest with Thundersley Band in 2014, Nigel was delighted to accept the position of Musical Director with Thundersley Brass and is building towards even greater success, as he leads us into the Championship Section for the first time in our history.